Thursday, September 16, 2010

Fall is here!

I was driving home earlier this week and noticed that the leaves are starting to change color! Oh my goodness where has the summer gone! I really do love fall. Even though it brings snow, I love fall weather. Its perfect! I love wearing hoodies and being bundled up! Most of all I love the smell of fall. Generally this is about the time we start canning. This week I helped my mom can carrots, beats, and green beans. I honestly can say I love canning. I cannot wait for my own place so I can grow a garden and can my own food!!! Also with fall people start baking again! I love from now until after Christmas because its Holiday after Holiday of yumminess! After you've gained 10 to 15 pounds you have January through May to work it off for summer then fall hits and you do it all over again. The other thing I love about fall are the color of the leaves when they change. I am such a kid at heart when it comes to playing in the leaves! I love the way they sound when you step on them and they crunch under your feet. I remember being in Laramie when I was going to school and loved walking to class and listing to the leaves crunch. It truly was a sad time when after so long of others walking on them they didn't make the crunching sound. I'll post some pictures later of the leaves changing. Its really beautiful here!

3 comments:

Jill said...

I love the color of the leaves changing this time of year!

Meg said...

Holy cow we are SO much alike!! As I read your post I had a hard time remembering I didn't write it haha! I just LOVE the holidays too! This time of year is the best! I got out some fall and halloween decorations and was just so excited today! *squeal* I just love this time of year :)

Brooke Carroll said...

I agree, fall is such a great season...It is still really warm here, so we haven't gotten to fall yet! It will start creeping up on us in October...I love fall too, and you are right-that's when all of the holidays and fun festivities get going! It's too much fun...Hope you are feeling great and that your husband is doing well too. Hope you have a beautiful weekend!