Wednesday, December 5, 2012

The good the bad and the ugly of 2012

wow so it has been an incredibly long time since my last blog post. I know I am a little early in posting about the happenings of 2012 but it has been something that has been on my mind quite a bit lately so i need to get it off my mind. There was a lot that happened to us. The events that I am about to talk about didn't happen in this exact order. So to start out the year Paizlee turned 1 in march and she is growing like a weed and changing so much! She is not my little baby girl anymore (sniff sniff)she is such a doll and we love having her in our home. She sure keeps me on my toes :) Karston was born in May and he has been so fun and such a wonderful addition to the family and he looks so much like his dad. I get told Paizlee looks like me and Karston looks like Devon. and I am totally ok with that :) My little brother came home from his mission in New Mexico and got married! We absolutely love his wife and she fits into our family so well. My sisters home burned down in a forest fire and what an emotional hard time that has been for them. After it happened we were able to go help with a cleaning crew that volunteered call "helping hands" from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints. What an amazing spiritual experience that was. That day was the first time I got to see my sisters home after everything had happened. I cried for my sister, for her family, I cried in thankfulness for the kindness people were showing to them. I have never been so overwhelmed by the compassion I watched from these amazing people who came in and pulled the tin out of the basement that had came down from the roof, the young men who pulled out the burned up appliances. We were able to find a few things that had made it through the fire, things my sister really was hoping we would find and we did thankfully. Devon and I had a guy jump out in front of our car trying to kill himself and we hit him. Thankfully he survived but he did mess up our car :( wasn't happy about that but we got the car fixed and I really hope it taught that kid a lesson. (fingers crossed). Devon and I have been in our home now for a year and I absolutely love it! We are continuing to make small improvements as we can. We also celebrated Brynns 3rd Birthday.  This year was so different from all the other years. I can honestly say even though I miss her like crazy this year was different. This time I didn't spend the day crying like have before this year I was honestly able to celebrate her. Which is a huge improvement for me. This year has been full of ups and downs and I am so grateful for my loving husband and my wonderful children. They make this life worth living. I hope everyone had a good year and I'm excited to see what 2013 is going to bring :)

1 comment:

Ryan and Amy Robinson said...

I am sorry about your car that sucks. But glad u got it fixed. I didn't know u bought a house That is awesome. I am glad u love. Hope to see it sometime